10 Tips to Healthy Eating - A Must Read
There are top 10 plays in the world of sports; top 10 videos for music; top 10 actors of all-time for movies. The top 10 lists goes on and on. For health, there are also top 10s. One of the most interesting is top 10 tips to healthy eating.
These “10 tips to healthy eating” enumerates the things you need to remember in order to live a healthier lifestyle. It may not be the “only” thing you need to know to live a healthy life but it sure is worth your time to read.
Here are the 10 tips to healthy eating:
1. Balance Diet – Some people think that if they eat healthy and nutritious food, that is already enough to say that they are eating healthy. Little do they know that healthy eating requires a balanced intake of vitamins, minerals, carbohydrate, protein, fats, and fiber. Check the food pyramid for the proper servings.
2. Love the Plants – The most eluded food sources of all in the food pyramid are the farm produce. A number of people hate the taste of vegetables, fruits, and grains so they remove them from their meals once they see them. These types of food are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fibers so don’t skimp on them.
3. Maintain Ideal Weight – The right weight depends on a lot of different factors including age, height, sex, and heredity. Being too thin may mean that you are malnourished, which can increase the risk of certain ailments like osteoporosis, anemia, and other health problems. On the other hand, having too much weight can also lead to serious medical issues such as high blood pressure, heart ailments, diabetes, and many more. If you are having problem with your weight, you can consult a dietician for professional advice.
4. Eat in Moderation – Everything is bad if it is done excessively. Even being extremely good is bad. Same goes for the food. You can actually eat all kinds of food as long as they are of the right amount. Like meat, it is the main source of protein but eating too much can lead to health problems.
5. Eat on Time – Skipping meals is bad. Some people skip breakfast because they don’t want to be late for school or for work. But this kind of punctuality is not good for the body. Breakfast is the most important meal because it provides energy to jumpstart our day. If you do, you will perform poorly in school or at work.
6. Reduce, not Avoid – Some people think that zeroing the fat intake will take us a step closer to healthier body. Fat is a concentrated energy source. It also keeps the hair strong and shiny and nails less brittle; essential in keeping our body warm; and needed in hormones production. Without fats (and oils), a lot of our body functions will be affected.
7. Drink Plenty of Water – 75% of our body is made of water. Proper water intake helps flush toxics out of our body, hydrates our organs, and regulates body temperature.
8. Watch What You Eat – Be aware of what you eat. Know which part of the daily nutrition requirements you are lacking on. List down the food that you ate for the last three days and you might get surprised that you are missing some vital nutrients.
9. Take it Slow – Change should be done gradually. A sudden shift on your eating habit is harmful to your body. Start by slowly shaving on your excesses and following up on your deficiencies. A slow yet steady introduction of food and nutrients will make it easier for your body and also your taste buds to adapt to the changes.
10. Eat Right – Start a good eating habit. You can still eat ice cream, candies, chocolates, or apple pie just as long as you eat in moderation. Fruits, even with all the good things it can do, may bring problems to your hormones if taken excessively.
There are the 10 tips to healthy eating. Bearing these in mind will surely make your health concerns much easier to handle.
Source by J. Brown