About/Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation/Broomfield/Curing Type 1 Diabetes
Your guide is here http://makeasacrifice.jdrftype1.com
JDRF is focused on bringing life-changing therapies from the lab to the community by impacting every stage of the drug delivery pipeline. Working the pipeline to expedite and sustain meaningful scientific progress, made possible by our donors, is the key to delivering progressively advanced therapies. This means:
– Driving research across the entire scientific and development spectrum, from discovery in the laboratory to delivery in patients
– Collaborating with public, private, academic and corporate partners to expedite delivery of real-world solutions
– Advocating for progress that will improve lives today and lead to a cure tomorrow JDRF is uniquely positioned to create a future without T1D. Media Credits Column http://broadcaster.beazil.net/public/credits/youtube/videos/43255 Type 1 diabetes is an auto-immune condition in which the immune system is activated to destroy the cells in the pancreas which produce insulin. We do not know what causes this auto-immune reaction. Type 1 diabetes is not linked to modifiable lifestyle factors. There is no cure and it cannot be prevented.
Type 1 diabetes:
– Occurs when the pancreas does not produce insulin
– Represents around 10% of all cases of diabetes and is one of the most common chronic childhood conditions
– Onset is usually abrupt and the symptoms obvious
– Symptoms can include excessive thirst and urination, unexplained weight loss, weakness and fatigue and blurred vision
– Is managed with insulin injections several times a day or the use of an insulin pump.
The Health Care and Social Assistance industry includes establishments and services such as:
hospitals, nursing and residential care facilities and out-patient care centres; offices of health practitioners (i.e. dentists, doctors, optometrists and chiropractors); medical and diagnostic laboratories; home health care services; ambulance services; social assistance services (i.e. for children, youth, the elderly, families); community food, housing, emergency and relief services; vocational rehabilitation services; and daycare services Broomfield, Colorado, in Broomfield county, is 6 miles NW of Westminster, Colorado and 13 miles NW of Denver, Colorado. The city is in the Denver metropolitan area. Broomfield has a population of 38,272. Broomfield was officially incorporated in 1961. The community named after the broomcorn that was grown in the area. Early farmers used to cultivate grain for the Denver brewers. Broomfield provides easy access to a number of historical sites and museums. Among these are the Colorado Governor’s Mansion, the Denver Mint and Louisville Historical Museum. There are quite a few reservoirs in the city that are worth taking a look around. The Villager Square Shopping Center and Greenway Shopping Center also provide excellent entertainment opportunities. The Butterfly Pavilion and Water World are also nearby. JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF has led the search for a cure for T1D since our founding in 1970. In those days, people commonly called the disease “juvenile diabetes” because it was frequently diagnosed in, and strongly associated with, young children. Our organization began as the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. Later, to emphasize exactly how we planned to end the disease, we added a word and became the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.Today, we know an equal number of children and adults are diagnosed every day—approximately 110 people per day.
Inform yourself at http://jdrf.org/blog/
Become our followers at https://plus.google.com/110620633690555176280/
Leave us a comment on https://www.youtube.com/user/jdrfonline
Join us at https://www.facebook.com/myJDRF
Check our Twitter account https://twitter.com/JDRFTypeOne
Check our LinkedIn account https://www.linkedin.com/company/jdrf
Leave us a comment on https://www.instagram.com/jdrfadvocacy/
Join us at our Pinterest account https://www.pinterest.com/jdrfadvocacy/
To conclude, the main issues should be pointed out –
A1C complications,fasting plasma glucose,50/50 insulin,NPH insulin,fasting plasma glucose value,Kussmaul breathing,Diabetes Control and Complications Trial,Hypoglycemia Prevention,insulin receptors,blood glucose level,dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitors,Type 1 Diabetes Dictionary,no insulin production,Research Summit,EsTiD,sugar breakdown,make a donation,Inhaled Insulin,Treatment Advocacy,gestational diabetes mellitus,Clinical Trial,IGT,JDRF Mentor Program,insulin body site rotation,CRFD mortality,Low Blood Sugar,insulin analogues,T1D complications,save a life,alpha-glucosidase inhibitor,T1D Care Kit,ASPIRE Trial,undiagnosed diabetes,glucose,at-risk relatives,Action in Diabetes and Vascular Disease: Preterax and Diamicron MR.