All You Need To Know About-Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation-Seattle-Improve Lives
JDRF is the leading diabetes foundation funding T1D research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, regulatory influence, and a working plan to better treat, prevent, and eventually cure T1D.
JDRF is currently sponsoring $530 million in scientific research in 17 countries. In 2012 alone, JDRF provided more than $110 million to T1D research.
JDRF’s goal is a world without type 1 diabetes (T1D). Our plan is to create a future where:
– Your blood glucose levels can be controlled automatically
– You can sleep, eat, exercise, and live as if T1D is not in your life
– T1D can be cured and is no longer present in your body
– T1D can be prevented and never threaten anyone again.
In short, JDRF seeks to turn Type One into Type None. List of all video credits is specified here http://broadcaster.beazil.net/public/credits/youtube/videos/42052 While insulin injections or infusion allow a person with T1D to stay alive, they do not cure the disease, nor do they necessarily prevent the possibility of the disease’s serious effects, which may include: kidney failure, blindness, nerve damage, amputations, heart attack, stroke, and pregnancy complications. Although type 1 diabetes is a serious and difficult disease, treatment options are improving all the time, and people with T1D can lead full and active lives. JDRF is driving research to improve the technology people with T1D use to monitor blood sugar levels and deliver the proper doses of insulin, as well as research that will ultimately deliver a cure. Diagnosing Diabetes:
– A1C Test – measures your average blood glucose for the past 2 to 3 months. If the score is equal to or greater than 6.5%, diabetes is present. Seattle, Washington is located in one of the most diverse and beautiful regions of the country. The Seattle metropolitan area of about 3.4 million inhabitants is the 15th largest metropolitan area in the country. Seattle is the home of Boeing, Microsoft, Starbucks and the band Nirvana. Beautiful natural areas such as Mount Rainier, Snoqualmie Falls, the San Juan Islands, and the Hoh National Rain Forest are all within a few hours of Seattle.While Seattle continues to be a major hub for the music industry, it also has a comprehensive arts and theatre scene. Seattle has two major performing arts centers: one was recently constructed and the other was fully renovated in the past 10 years. The Seattle Center, celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2012, is enjoying a revival of attractions and dining. Health Care & Social Assistance sector comprises firms providing health care and social assistance for individuals. The sector includes both health care and social assistance because it is sometimes difficult to distinguish between the boundaries of these two activities. The industries in this sector are arranged on a continuum starting with providing medical care exclusively, continuing with those providing health care and social assistance and finally finishing with only social assistance. The services provided in this sector are delivered by trained health practitioners and social workers with requisite experience. JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF has led the search for a cure for T1D since our founding in 1970. In those days, people commonly called the disease “juvenile diabetes” because it was frequently diagnosed in, and strongly associated with, young children. Our organization began as the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. Later, to emphasize exactly how we planned to end the disease, we added a word and became the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.Today, we know an equal number of children and adults are diagnosed every day—approximately 110 people per day.
A number of key issues arise from the mentioned above. For instance:
Betta Cells,donate to help,High Blood Sugar,Parents of children with T1D,DPP-4 inhibitors,early detection of diabetes,blocking glucose reabsorption,permanent insulinopenia,T1DLooksLikeMe,JDRFCC,Incretin-Based Therapies,monogenic diabetes syndrome,estimated average glucose,certified diabetes educator,fasting lipid profile,Research Grants,JDRF Mentor Program,Government Advocacy,Blood Glucose Level,IDDM,storing insulin,Lee Ducat,Type 2 Diabetes,prevention,Blood Glucose Level,new treatment,ABCs of diabetes,tolbutamide,UKPDS Study,Managing Type 1,contribute,amputation,Diabetes Complication,glyburide,Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes Trial,cure,dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitors,glucose tolerance,insulin glulisine,ADVANCE Trial,Rain City,Beta Cell Regeneration,Rapid Acting Insulin,Glucagon,Kussmaul breathing,get.