Ayurvedic Treatment of Diabetes by Sanjay Gupta (Hindi) (1080p HD)
Watch out symptoms and ayurvedic treatment for Diabetes by Sanjay Gupta (Founder of Axiom, 5, Rampur, Sarsehri Road, Ambala Cantt-133 006). (Voice : Hindi)
Diabetes Mellitus is a metabolic disorder in which the body is unable to make proper use of glucose, resulting in the condition of hyperglycemia (high blood sugar). Excess glucose in the blood ultimately results in high levels of glucose being present in the urine (glycosuria). This increases the urine output, which leads to dehydration and increased thirst.
Glucose comes from the food we eat and is also made in liver and muscles. The blood carries glucose to all the cells in our body. Insulin (a hormone) produced in the pancreas, is responsible for the uptake of glucose into cells for energy. Decreased levels of insulin in our body lead to increased glucose in the blood stream.
In Ayurveda diabetes is known as Madhumeha and is classified as a kapha type of disorder.
Medhumeha is categorized as Vataj Meha (a problem caused by aggravation of Vata or Air). Vata is an Ayurvedic humor symbolizing wind and dryness. Deterioration of the body is a characteristic that indicates impairment of Vata. Maximum deterioration of dhatus (body tissues) occurs in this type of disease and this is the reason why all vital organs are affected by Diabetes.
The treatment recommended in Ayurveda is aimed at rejuvenating the body to not only balance sugar levels, but also ensuring that no further complication is caused.
Ayurvedic medicine for diabetes contain herbs that help to lower the blood sugar level by regulating metabolism of carbohydrates, regulating sugar absorption, stimulating insulin secretion and improving sensitivity to the hormone insulin.
Causes of Diabetes
The main reasons responsible for causing diabetes are as follow
1) Excessive intake of foods which are difficult to digest, such as fried foods, creams, etc.
2) Lack of Exercise
3) Mental Stress
4) Excessive Sleep
5) Overeating and Obesity
6) Excessive intake of Sugar and Refined Carbohydrates
7) Hereditary Factors
Ayurvedic Treatment for Diabetes
1) The bitter gourd is regarded as the best remedy for diabetes. Drinking at least one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice daily will reduce blood sugar levels in your blood and urine.
2) Drinking a glass of water with 10 Tulsi leaves, 10 Neem leaves and 10 Belpatras early morning on an empty stomach helps in keeping sugar levels under control.
3) Mix and grind seeds of Fenugreek (100 gm), turmeric (50gm), white pepper. Take one teaspoon of this powder with a glass of milk twice daily.
4) Put one cup of water into a copper vessel at night, and drink the water in the morning.
5) Mix ½ tsp Turmeric Powder + 1 tsp Amla Powder + ½ tbsp Methi Seeds Powder in half glass of water and take daily in the morning on empty stomach
Diets for Diabetes
1) Whole grains in the diet, such as wheat bread/pasta and brown rice.
2) Cheese and yogurt prepared with skimmed (nonfat) milk
3) Garlic, Onion, Bitter Gourd, Spinach, Raw Banana, and Black Plum.
4) Make a flour mixture of 1 part barley, 1 part black chickpeas, and 4 parts whole-wheat flour and use this to form pancakes and bread.
5) Avoid sweet, sour, and salty foods, potatoes, sweet potatoes, colocasia (taro), yams, fresh grains and pulses (legumes), whole yogurt (high in fat), and heavy, oily and spicy foods.
Life style for Diabetes
1) Eat food at regular intervals and do not over eat.
2) Exercise for half an hour daily.
3) Avoid sleeping during daytime
4) Avoid smoking
5) Take adequate eye care
6) Take care of your foot
Scientific evidence of Ayurvedic Treatments :
Clinical trials with fenugreek seed extract suggests that regular consumption of about 1gm of fenugreek seed extracts could significantly reduce the blood glucose level within two months. The hypoglycemic effect of fenugreek seeds is primarily attributed to the compound diosgenin.
1) Avoid sugar in any form – rice, potato, banana, cereals and fruits containing high percentage of sugar content. Include at least one bitter dish in every meal.
2) The Ayurvedic treatment for this disease is based on an entire change in the lifestyle of the person. Along with medication and diet, the patient is also advised to lead a healthy lifestyle and live an active life.
The Lucknow-based Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) laboratories made a cheap and effective Ayurveda drug made from four plant extracts (mainly gurmar leaves which are scientifically known to stimulate the pancreas to produce more insulin ) to treat diabetes. The drug, named as BGR-34, is a twice-a-day treatment for type-2 and will cost Rs 5 per pill.
Natural Treatment of Hypothyroidism by Dr Mohan Gupta (Hindi) :
For More Exclusive Videos, Please Subscribe Us.
Please shear this Video on Your Blog, Facebook, Twitter or Google+ Wall.