Diabetes as a Disease of Fat Toxicity
http://bit.do/DiaLi The Big Diabetes Lie – Real Dr Approved Diabetes Offer
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: The “twin vicious cycles” explain how the build-up of fat in the cells of our muscles, liver, and pancreas causes type 2 diabetes, which explains why dietary recommendations for diabetics encourage a reduction in fat intake.
This is part of an extended series on Type 2 diabetes that will continue for months. I’d put them all back-to-back, but then it would be diabetes all day every day for weeks. If you really want to understand this process, I suggest watching the three “prequel” videos:
• What Causes Insulin Resistance? ()
• The Spillover Effect Links Obesity to Diabetes ()
• Lipotoxicity: How Saturated Fat Raises Blood Sugar ()
The reason I’m going into all this detail is that I’m hoping to empower both those suffering from the disease and those treating sufferers so as to better understand dietary interventions to prevent and treat the epidemic. Maybe one day I’ll record hour-long disease-specific lectures that put it all together for those who’d want to watch it all straight through.
In the meanwhile here some videos on prevention:
• Lifestyle Medicine Is the Standard of Care for Prediabetes (/)
• How to Prevent Prediabetes in Children ()
• Preventing Prediabetes By Eating More (/)
• How to Prevent Prediabetes from Turning into Diabetes ()
• Eggs and Diabetes (/)
• Fish and Diabetes (/)
And here’s some on treatment:
• Plant-Based Diets and Diabetes ()
• Diabetics Should Take Their Pulses (/)
• Amla versus Diabetes (/)
• Flaxseed vs. Diabetes (/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and he’ll try to answer it!
• Subscribe: /