Diabetes - Causes And Home Remedies
Diabetes or diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder characterized by improper utilization of glucose by the body. The disorder forbids the body from using glucose either completely or partially. As a result, glucose builds up in blood and the person is diagnosed with high blood glucose or blood sugar levels. The hormone insulin produced by pancreas is the primary blood glucose regulator. If the pancreas does not produce enough insulin, blood glucose levels soar high, resulting in Type 1 diabetes.
The patient with Type 1 diabetes requires insulin injections. In other cases, the cells of the body become non-responsive to insulin, thereby causing glucose levels to rise. This is true in the case of Type 2 diabetes. Diabetes produces symptoms like increased thirst, increased hunger, frequent urination, skin infections, delayed healing of wounds, fatigue, weight loss/gain, irritability and erectile dysfunction. Some of the causes of diabetes may be listed as follows:
2. High intake of carbohydrates
3. Inactivity or lack of exercise
5. Overeating habits
6. Insulin resistance
7. Inadequate insulin production
8. High cholesterol
9. High blood pressure
10. Surgery in pancreas
11. Disease of pancreas
Home Remedies for Diabetes
1. Boil 10-15 mango leaves in a glass of water. Leave overnight. The next morning, strain the liquid and drink it in empty stomach. This helps to cure diabetes.
2. Remove seeds and extract the juice of a bitter gourd and drink daily. This is an effective home remedy for diabetes.
3. Chew curry leaves twice daily to get rid of diabetes.
4. Drink the juice of crushed fish-berry early in the morning. This relieves diabetic conditions.
5. Pour 3 tablespoon cinnamon powder in 1 liter water and simmer for 20 minutes. Then strain and drink the solution regularly. This checks diabetes
6. Mix half teaspoon powdered bay leaf and half teaspoon turmeric powder. Add the mixture to aloe Vera gel and take before lunch and dinner. This is beneficial in treating diabetes.
7. Eat garlic regularly to keep glucose level under control.
8. Grind fenugreek seeds in to a fine powder and take 2 tablespoons every day. This prevents diabetes.
9. Feast on grapefruit to dismiss blood glucose.
10. Bean pod is the storehouse of natural insulin. Bean pod tea should be taken daily to do away with diabetes.
11. Mix 2 teaspoon of Greek clover seeds powder in to a glass of milk and drink daily. This is an effective diabetes cure.
12. Boil 4-5 leaves of sweet potato and 1 tablespoon ash gourd in water. Strain the contents and drink to ward off diabetes.
Source by Dr Andrew Napier