Exercises and Workouts - 5 Signs You Are Not Getting Enough Activity
When it comes to fitness and health, it is important to remember you do not have to be in the gym to stay in shape. Sometimes the best workouts happen outside of the gym. Not to mention, by adding more overall activity to your day, you can dramatically improve your well-being.
One thing many people do not take the time to realize, however, is how much is enough. What are the signs you are getting enough activity – or more importantly, too little?
Let us look at five signs signifying you may need a bit more activity built into your day…
1. You Are Tired And Sluggish. Most people would think too little exercise would equate to having stacks of energy, but often this is not the case. If you are not moving enough, you may find yourself feeling sluggish, and when you do attempt to exercise, it seems to take a colossal amount of effort.
As the saying goes: “a body in motion stays in motion.” If you can focus on moving more, you will find exercise after that becomes easier.
2. You Are Making Little Gym Progress. Another sign you are not getting enough exercise is if you are not making progress at the gym. When was the last time you became stronger? If it has been a while, consider you may need to hit the gym more frequently.
For best results with your strength training program, you need to do at least three workouts each week, if not four or five.
3. You Ache All Over. Do you have tight and stiff muscles? Does it hurt to bend over? Are you constantly dreaming of having a massage?
If your muscles are constantly tight and tense, a little activity can help loosen them as it improves blood flow to the impacted areas. Try for ten minutes a day at the minimum and see what a difference it makes.
While too much exercise can cause you to ache all over; too little exercise can do the same.
4. You Are Not Sleeping Well. Sleep can also be influenced by your exercise schedule. If you are not sleeping well at night, consider adding more workouts. Moving more will help you not only to fall asleep faster but to sleep deeper.
Do note though you do not want to exercise too close to bedtime. Working out close to when you plan to sleep can have the opposite effect and make you feel wide awake and restless. Schedule your workout sessions at least three to four hours before bedtime.
5. You Are Not Controlling Your Body Weight. Finally, physical activity and diet go hand in hand regarding controlling body weight. If you are not getting enough sleep, your daily calorie burn may be exceptionally small, which makes it tough to manage your body weight.
The more you move, the more you burn calories. It is that simple, so focus on exercising more, and you will see better results.
There you have five signs showing you may need more exercise. Are you demonstrating any of these?
Source by Beverleigh H Piepers