How Not to Die from Diabetes
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: Type 2 diabetes can be prevented, arrested, and even reversed with a healthy enough diet.
You can imagine how overwhelming NutritionFacts.org might be for someone new to the site. With videos on more than 2,000 health topics, where do you even begin? Imagine someone stumbling onto the site when the new video-of-the-day is about how some spice can be effective in treating a particular form of arthritis. It would be easy to miss the forest for the trees. That’s why I created this new series of overview videos, which are basically taken straight from my hour-long live 2016 presentation How Not to Die: Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Killers (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-n…).
If you missed How Not to Die from Heart Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-n…) or How Not to Die from Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-n…), check them out and stay tuned for How Not to Die from Kidney Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-n…) and How Not to Die from High Blood Pressure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-n…).
If this video inspired you to learn more about the role diet may play in preventing
and treating diabetes, check out some of these other popular videos on the topic:
• Plant-Based Diets and Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Plant…)
• Can Diabetic Retinopathy Be Reversed? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-d…)
• What Causes Insulin Resistance? (http://nutritionfacts.org/what-causes…)
• Diabetes as a Disease of Fat Toxicity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Diabe…)
• What Causes Diabetes? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-…)
• Why is Meat a Risk Factor for Diabetes? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-i…)
• How May Plants Protect Against Diabetes? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-m…)
• Plant-Based Diets for Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant…)
• Turmeric Curcumin for Prediabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/turme…)
• Eggs and Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-…)
• Fish and Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fish-…)
• Diabetics Should Take Their Pulses (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/d…)
• How to Prevent Prediabetes from Turning into Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-t…)
• Curing Painful Diabetic Neuropathy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/curin…)
• Can Vinegar Help with Blood Sugar Control? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-v…)
• When Drugs & Diets Don’t Lower Diabetes Deaths (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/when-…)
• Reversing Diabetes with Food (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/rever…)
• Diabetes Reversal: Is it the Calories or the Food? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/13.di…)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-n… and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-n…. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_…
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM