How Not to Die from Heart Disease
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: Lifestyle approaches aren’t just safer and cheaper. They can work better, because you’re treating the actual cause of the disease.
You can imagine how overwhelming NutritionFacts.org might be for someone new to the site. With videos on more than 2,000 health topics, where do you even begin? Imagine someone stumbling onto the site when the new video-of-the-day is about how some spice can be effective in treating a particular form of arthritis. It would be easy to miss the forest for the trees. That’s why I created this new series of overview videos, which are basically taken straight from my hour-long live 2016 presentation How Not to Die: Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Killers (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die).
Stay tuned for:
• How Not to Die from Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-cancer/)
• How Not to Die from Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-diabetes/)
• How Not to Die from Kidney Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-kidney-disease/)
• How Not to Die from High Blood Pressure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-high-blood-pressure)
If this video inspired you to learn more about the role diet may play in preventing and treating heart disease, check out some of these other popular videos on the topic:
• Heart Disease Starts in Childhood (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/heart-disease-starts-in-childhood)
• Lifestyle Medicine: Treating the Causes of Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lifestyle-medicine-treating-the-causes-of-disease)
• The Actual Benefit of Diet vs. Drugs (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-actual-benefit-of-diet-vs-drugs)
• Optimal Cholesterol Level (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/optimal-cholesterol-level)
• Physicians May Be Missing Their Most Important Tool (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/physicians-may-be-missing-their-most-important-tool)
• Oxygenating Blood with Nitrate Rich Vegetables (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/oxygenating-blood-with-nitrate-rich-vegetables)
• Is Fish Oil Just Snake Oil? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-fish-oil-just-snake-oil)
• Does Cholesterol Size Matter? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-cholesterol-size-matter)
• When Low Risk Means High Risk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/when-low-risk-means-high-risk)
• Low Carb Diets and Coronary Blood Flow (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/low-carb-diets-and-coronary-blood-flow)
• Fully Consensual Heart Disease Treatment (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fully-consensual-heart-disease-treatment)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-heart-disease and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-heart-disease. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast