How Not to Die from High Blood Pressure
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: How to prevent and reverse hypertension, the #1 risk factor for death in the world
You can imagine how overwhelming NutritionFacts.org might be for someone new to the site. With videos on more than 2,000 health topics, where do you even begin? Imagine someone stumbling onto the site when the new video-of-the-day is about how some spice can be effective in treating a particular form of arthritis. It would be easy to miss the forest for the trees. That’s why I created this new series of overview videos, which are basically taken straight from my hour-long live 2016 presentation How Not to Die: Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Killers (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die).
If you missed the first four videos in this series, check out:
• How Not to Die from Heart Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-heart-disease/)
• How Not to Die from Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-cancer/)
• How Not to Die from Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-diabetes/)
• How Not to Die from Kidney Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-kidney-disease/)
If this video inspired you to learn more about the role diet may play in preventing and treating high blood pressure, check out some of these other popular videos on the topic:
• Hibiscus Tea vs. Plant-Based Diets for Hypertension (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/hibiscus-tea-vs-plant-based-diets-for-hypertension/)
• Flax Seeds for Hypertension (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flax-seeds-for-hypertension/)
• How to Prevent High Blood Pressure with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-prevent-high-blood-pressure-with-diet/)
• How to Treat High Blood Pressure with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-treat-high-blood-pressure-with-diet/)
• High Blood Pressure May Be a Choice (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/high-blood-pressure-may-be-a-choice)
• Sprinkling Doubt: Taking Sodium Skeptics with a Pinch of Salt (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/sprinkling-doubt:-taking-sodium-skeptics-with-a-pinch-of-salt)
• Drugs and the Demise of the Rice Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/drugs-and-the-demise-of-the-rice-diet/)
• Kempner Rice Diet: Whipping Us Into Shape (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/kempner-rice-diet-whipping-us-into-shape/)
• The Evidence That Salt Raises Blood Pressure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-evidence-that-salt-raises-blood-pressure)
• Oxygenating Blood With Nitrate-Rich Vegetables (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/oxygenating-blood-with-nitrate-rich-vegetables)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-high-blood-pressure and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-high-blood-pressure. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast