How To Find Out If You Have Diabetes Using The Five Finger Test
Diabetes is a chronic disease that can cause many serious complications.
If left unchecked, high blood sugar levels can wreak havoc on your body.
You should know that it can lead to potential harmful condition for your heart and circulatory system.
– Severe thirst
– Increased urination
– Chronic fatigue
– Fast weight loss
– Increased appetite
– Vision problems
– Sores that heal very slowly or don’t heal at all.
It’s still best to know early if you have pre-diabetes.
Besides consulting your physician, there is another way to diagnose pre-diabetes.
The following steps are a short guide that will help you diagnose this condition in less than 1 minute with the help of your fingers and by answering some simple questions.
FIVE FINGER TEST
* Hold up one finger in case you are a man and don’t hold up any fingers if you are a woman.
* Hold up one finger in case your are older than forty, two fingers in case you are over fifty, three fingers if you are over sixty and none in cases you are younger than 40 years.
* Hold up one finger if you think that you are not very physically active and none in case you think that you get enough exercise.
* Hold up one finger in case someone in your family is dealing with diabetes and don’t hold up any fingers in case any of them has such problems now or in the past.
* Hold up one finger if you are dealing with hypertension and none if your blood pressure is stable and normal.
* Hold up three fingers in case you are obese, two fingers in case you are overweight, one finger if you are just a little bit overweight and none in case you have normal body weight.
If you hold all five fingers, then there is a good chance that you have pre-diabetes.
Although this does not necessarily mean, most experts believe that this is a good way to assess.
This self-diagnosis is linked to the factors that contribute to the development of diabetes.
If there is a chance that you are pre-diabetic, you should get a blood test to determine how much risk you have of developing diabetes.