Impressive Therapeutic Benefits Of Whirlpools
A whirlpool is a large bathtub with underwater jets. The jets can provide a hydro massage that utilizes the dynamic and thermal action of the water, under pressure or in movement.
There are two different ways that a session in a whirlpool benefits the body. Through the warm temperature of the water and the pressure of the water on the body, a higher oxygenation, or infusion of oxygen, occurs in the skin. Muscular relaxation also occurs, and a reduction of the tissue directly below the skin is also apparent.
These therapeutic methods of success are also used for treating and re-establishing the muscular and joint injuries. A whirlpool also has the added benefits of physical and psychic relaxation. They produce endorphins in the brain, making a person feel a sense of wellness.
Many medical authorities recommend the use of a whirlpool as a form of preventive medicine. It is a way to prevent a lot of diseases, significantly increase the blood circulation and further activates veins and arteries.
Stress is another thing that whirlpools can help alleviate. It relaxes your muscles, encourages socialization and assists in the treatment of anxiety. Whirlpools are ideal for applying techniques of relaxation and meditation. It re-establishes tired muscles after exercises such as jogging or tennis.
By measuring the temperature of a person’s skin, one can show the results of a therapeutic whirlpool bath. The skin temperature of a person under stress is 30-31 degrees Celsius (86.0-87.8 degree Fahrenheit). Meanwhile, the skin temperature of a person in deep relaxation is 34-35 degrees Celsius (93.2-95.0 degrees Fahrenheit).
Tension, a contributing factor to high blood pressure, heart disease, ulcers and other stress disorders, can be eased by immersion in a hot whirlpool bath. Arthritis, bursitis and other bone and muscular problems can also receive benefit from a whirlpool.
The immersion dilates the veins in such a way to allow the blood stream to easily reach all extremities of the body. This diminishes pressure on the heart. The hot water jets stimulate the muscles, eliminating the pressure accumulated in the tired body parts. Each therapeutic bath can reduce the inflammation and eliminate pain relating to joints. It also can cure headaches incurred by physical effort and help muscular pain recovery time.
Here are a few of the benefits that a whirlpool provides:
• Helps one sleep better: Your performance and activity is based on your ability to sleep at night. Insomnia can cause depression, memory lapses and the inability to concentrate and pay attention. By bathing in a whirlpool at night, it will help alleviate tension and relax your body, making your body ready for a deep relaxing night of sleep.
• Reduces Stress: It is one of the main methods of alleviating tension and stress. A bath in a whirlpool relaxes your muscles, reduces anxiety and stimulates endorphin production, which is a natural substance that promotes a sensation of relaxation and pleasure.
• Helps control diabetes: Scientific research has shown that patients with Type 2 Diabetes that use a whirlpool for 30 minutes per day, six days a week, reduced the level of sugar in their blood by 13%. After three weeks of the whirlpool treatment, they were able to lower their insulin dose by 18%.
• Minimizes pain in the muscles and joints: Those who play sports usually feel pain in the muscles arteries and joints. Using a whirlpool before or after playing help the veins dilate and keep the blood flowing better. The muscles and joints will be relaxed and less painful.
• Helps lose weight and reduce cellulite: Research has proven that the whirlpool, when used daily, reduces the swelling and retention of liquids, promoting weight loss. Also, with regular use, the whirlpool helps diminish cellulite by relaxing the muscles, dilating the veins and improving the circulation stimulating the blood cells.
Source by Joe Goertz