It's Time For-Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation-Boise City-Removing T1 D Damage
List of all video credits is located here http://broadcaster.beazil.net/public/credits/youtube/videos/42499 JDRF is leading the way in establishing measurement guidelines and holding itself accountable to supporters. JDRF has developed transparent organizational goals, as well as a set of research and advocacy objectives and outcomes for the current year by which organizational success will be measured. Measurements include:
– Initiating new clinical trials for artificial pancreas systems
– Developing new approaches to encapsulating islets
– Beginning proof-of-concept clinical trials with existing islet encapsulation approaches
– Trials demonstrating slowing progression of T1D in at-risk patients
– Effectiveness of approved T2D drugs tested in T1D
– Partnering to develop new T1D biomarkers
– Congress enacts $150 million extension of Special Diabetes Program at the National Institutes of Health Health Care & Social Assistance sector comprises firms providing health care and social assistance for individuals. The sector includes both health care and social assistance because it is sometimes difficult to distinguish between the boundaries of these two activities. The industries in this sector are arranged on a continuum starting with providing medical care exclusively, continuing with those providing health care and social assistance and finally finishing with only social assistance. The services provided in this sector are delivered by trained health practitioners and social workers with requisite experience. Boise, city (1990 pop. 125,738), state capital and seat of Ada co., SW Idaho, on the Boise River; inc. 1864. The largest city in Idaho, Boise is an important trade and transportation center. Food processing and the manufacture of paper and wood products, computer hardware and software, semiconductors, and electronics are the major industries. Many state and federal government offices are there, as are Boise State Univ. and the Idaho State Historical Musuem. A gold rush in the Boise valley and the establishment of a military post in 1863 led to the founding of Boise City, which grew as a distribution center for miners and became the capital of Idaho Territory in 1864. Later, particularly with the building of Arrow Rock Dam (1911–15), the region was developed for farming, and Boise drew wealth from orchards and fields rather than mines. Type 1 diabetes (T1D) is an autoimmune disease in which a person’s pancreas stops producing insulin. It occurs when the body’s immune system attacks and destroys the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas, called beta cells. While its causes are not yet entirely understood, scientists believe that both genetic factors and environmental triggers are involved. Its onset has nothing to do with diet or lifestyle. There is nothing you can do to prevent T1D, and—at present—nothing you can do to get rid of it. While people with T1D rely on insulin therapy to control their blood sugar, insulin is not a cure nor does it prevent the possibility of the disease’s serious side effects. JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF has led the search for a cure for T1D since our founding in 1970. In those days, people commonly called the disease “juvenile diabetes” because it was frequently diagnosed in, and strongly associated with, young children. Our organization began as the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. Later, to emphasize exactly how we planned to end the disease, we added a word and became the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.Today, we know an equal number of children and adults are diagnosed every day—approximately 110 people per day.
It seems important remind about the main points of that topic –
no insulin production,IGT,Aaron Kowalski,blood glucose target range,Insulin injections,Clinical Trials,TypeOneNation,Type 1 Diabetes,treatment,The Walk to Cure Diabetes,UKPDS Study,The Gem State,insulin glulisine,Stoke,PIs,Nutrition,Greater Louisville Walk,raise money,glucose,using insulin,Daily Living,DonorDrive,Research Home,Oral Glucose Tolerance Test,Team Cure Diabetes,therapeutic strategies,symptoms of T1D,insulin aspart,stroke,amputation,blood glucose level,sugar diabetes,T1D patterns,JDRF Mentor Program,Diabetes Complication,Insulin Therapy,Casual Plasma Glucose Test,insulin adjustment,FPG value,Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation,low-density lipoprotein cholesterol,ID,autoimmune therapies,diabetes death rate,Blood Glucose Meters,75-g oral glucose tolerance test,Juvenile Diabetes,DSME,metformin,Abstracts of JDRF Research,show your support,glyburide,CGM,Cure research,young adult diabetes,Global Diabetes Research,Beta Cell Regeneration,prone to ketoacidosis,CONCEPTT,T1DLooksLikeMe,Inhaled Insulin,NovoLog,new treatment,Glucagon,CDE,Bag of Hope,Heart.