It's Time For/Charity/Fort Wayne/Curing Type 1 Diabetes
Just go to http://lifewithoutt1d.jdrftype1.com
Type 1 diabetes is an auto-immune condition in which the immune system is activated to destroy the cells in the pancreas which produce insulin. We do not know what causes this auto-immune reaction. Type 1 diabetes is not linked to modifiable lifestyle factors. There is no cure and it cannot be prevented.
Type 1 diabetes:
– Occurs when the pancreas does not produce insulin
– Represents around 10% of all cases of diabetes and is one of the most common chronic childhood conditions
– Onset is usually abrupt and the symptoms obvious
– Symptoms can include excessive thirst and urination, unexplained weight loss, weakness and fatigue and blurred vision
– Is managed with insulin injections several times a day or the use of an insulin pump.
JDRF is leading the way in establishing measurement guidelines and holding itself accountable to supporters. JDRF has developed transparent organizational goals, as well as a set of research and advocacy objectives and outcomes for the current year by which organizational success will be measured. Measurements include:
– Initiating new clinical trials for artificial pancreas systems
– Developing new approaches to encapsulating islets
– Beginning proof-of-concept clinical trials with existing islet encapsulation approaches
– Trials demonstrating slowing progression of T1D in at-risk patients
– Effectiveness of approved T2D drugs tested in T1D
– Partnering to develop new T1D biomarkers
– Congress enacts $150 million extension of Special Diabetes Program at the National Institutes of Health Here you can find the full list of Credits http://broadcaster.beazil.net/public/credits/youtube/videos/43265 The Health Care and Social Assistance industry includes establishments and services such as:
hospitals, nursing and residential care facilities and out-patient care centres; offices of health practitioners (i.e. dentists, doctors, optometrists and chiropractors); medical and diagnostic laboratories; home health care services; ambulance services; social assistance services (i.e. for children, youth, the elderly, families); community food, housing, emergency and relief services; vocational rehabilitation services; and daycare services Fort Wayne is home to one professional sports franchise, the ECHL’s Fort Wayne Komets, and two semi-professional teams: the NBA Development League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants, and Fort Wayne Derby Girls of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association Division 2. These teams compete at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. Parkview Field is home to the Midwest League’s Fort Wayne TinCaps. Intercollegiate sports in the city include IPFW in the NCAA’s Division I Summit League and NAIA schools Indiana Tech (Wolverine–Hoosier Athletic Conference) and University of Saint Francis (Crossroads League and Mid-States Football Association). JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF has led the search for a cure for T1D since our founding in 1970. In those days, people commonly called the disease “juvenile diabetes” because it was frequently diagnosed in, and strongly associated with, young children. Our organization began as the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. Later, to emphasize exactly how we planned to end the disease, we added a word and became the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.Today, we know an equal number of children and adults are diagnosed every day—approximately 110 people per day.
Welcome to http://jdrf.org/blog/
Get familiar with our Google Plus page https://plus.google.com/110620633690555176280/
Leave us a comment on https://www.youtube.com/user/jdrfonline
Take into consideration our Facebook account https://www.facebook.com/myJDRF
Get familiar with our Twitter https://twitter.com/JDRFTypeOne
Join us at our Linkedin account https://www.linkedin.com/company/jdrf
Become our followers at https://www.instagram.com/jdrfadvocacy/
Join us at our Pinterest account https://www.pinterest.com/jdrfadvocacy/
This all centers round –
Carol Lurie,Snickerz Comedy Club,Carb Counting,VLDL cholesterol,glucose,Roche Diabetes Care,lancet,treatment,Treatment Advocacy,get support,Nutrition,Brookside Mansion,impaired fasting glucose,diabetes management,using insulin,MultiPepT1De,prevention of complications,ADVANCE Trial,Fort Wayne Aviation Museum,Aaron Kowalski,Understanding Type 1,take action,Low Blood Sugar,basal rate,blood glucose target range,turn Type One into Type Now,join,Premixed insulin,patient-driven care,Affects of Diabetes,North Star Bar & Grill,Recipe Swap,insufficient insulin production,Curing T1D,Mary Tyler Moore,Artificial Pancreas Project,Top Research Highlights,TypeOnesie,ASPIRE Trial,raise money,help,Diabetes,World diabetes day,T1D damage,insulin deficiency,ADA,Parkview Field,preventive.