It's Time For|Juvenile Diabetes|Port Arthur Texas|Researching Type 1 Diabetes
Take actions now! Visit http://anewbeginning.jdrftype1.com
JDRF is leading the way in establishing measurement guidelines and holding itself accountable to supporters. JDRF has developed transparent organizational goals, as well as a set of research and advocacy objectives and outcomes for the current year by which organizational success will be measured. Measurements include:
– Initiating new clinical trials for artificial pancreas systems
– Developing new approaches to encapsulating islets
– Beginning proof-of-concept clinical trials with existing islet encapsulation approaches
– Trials demonstrating slowing progression of T1D in at-risk patients
– Effectiveness of approved T2D drugs tested in T1D
– Partnering to develop new T1D biomarkers
– Congress enacts $150 million extension of Special Diabetes Program at the National Institutes of Health. alfred f. gerriets ii Kentucky and Southern Indiana Chapter underwritten Alfred Gerriets Hope Initiative http://louisvilleky.com/louisville-kys-central-high-school-to-host-king-concert donor All Video Credits you can find here http://broadcaster.beazil.net/public/credits/youtube/videos/129269 You’re the reason for our success. Every dollar we put toward research comes from donations. So when you support JDRF with your time, talent, voice and, yes, your money, you enable us to advance even more research. There are many ways to join the JDRF family, but for 45 years there has been only one reason—because we are the organization that will turn Type One into Type None. Take Action – Don’t be indifferent! Type 1 diabetes in children used to be known as juvenile diabetes or insulin-dependent diabetes. If your doctor thinks you have T1D, he will check your blood sugar levels. Many people with T1D lives healthy lives. The key to good health is to keep your blood sugar levels within the range doctor gives you. How is Type 1 Diabetes Different from Type 2 Diabetes? In type 2 diabetes, your body does not use insulin properly. This is called insulin resistance. At first, the beta-cells make extra insulin to make up for it. But, over time your pancreas isn’t able to keep up and can’t make enough insulin to keep your blood glucose levels normal. Type 2 diabetes can be treated with oral medications, and/or insulin. Port Arthur is the home of three major refineries and still the important terminus of the Kansas City Southern railroad. The town of a mere one thousand souls in 1900, has grown to almost 60,000 with a diversifying economy to sustain Port Arthur’s growth into the twenty-first century. Babe Didrikson Zaharias Memorial Golf Course was built in honor of “Babe” Didrikson Zaharias, an Olympic Gold medalist in multiple events. Her name has been featured in the Guiness Book of World Records as one of the most versatile female competitors of all times. Central Shopping Center serves as a place of attraction for visitors shopping for good deals. Port Arthur Reservoir is a popular place for anglers. Health Care & Social Assistance sector comprises firms providing health care and social assistance for individuals. The sector includes both health care and social assistance because it is sometimes difficult to distinguish between the boundaries of these two activities. The industries in this sector are arranged on a continuum starting with providing medical care exclusively, continuing with those providing health care and social assistance and finally finishing with only social assistance. The services provided in this sector are delivered by trained health practitioners and social workers with requisite experience. JDRF was founded by two women, whose sons were diagnosed. Lee Ducat and Carol Lurie became involved in this problem and organized a great thing. The diagnose of diabetes is a hard moment for the family. Both women experienced it personally and deiced to act radically. The Ducat family and the Luries had their sad stories of founding out of T1D. Boy’s doctors ensured them that they would be fine, but mothers understood all the seriousness of the disease. What they both wanted was to see a cure. The problem was in money. T1D researches need money and Lee decided to find money for this great thing. Lee knew how to do it – the 1970, May 21st was the day of JDRF birth.
Give our YouTube channel a LIKE https://www.youtube.com/user/jdrfonline To sum up, the major issues that were mentioned are: raise money, Energy City, tubes, JDRF one walk, PA, Port Arthur, diabetes advocacy, San Jacinto Monument, Lee Ducat, Rio Grande River, Research Pathways, see senators, Padre Island National Seashore, fundraising, sulfonylurea, donate today, Guadalupe Mountains National park, disease, become a volunteer, Texas, San Jacinto Monument, Galveston Island, The River Walk, monogenic diabetes syndrome, kids, National Border Patrol Museum, 1970s, type 1 diabetes, support our research, The Alamo, Houston Space Center.