Managing Arthritis In Fingers Through Diet Regime
People find that Ayurveda is the only way to treat arthritis problem naturally. In terms of ayurveda arthritis is called as amavata and the reason behind the problem is weakened colon part and poor digestion problem. The undigested food stores the waste particles in the body, which is termed as toxic element (Ama) and also causes imbalance in the three dosha’s of ayurveda. Diet for arthritis pain is given to cure the problem, which includes fresh fruits and vegetables.
The solution for arthritis in fingers is to normalize the digestion process of the body and by this way digestive fire (Agni) is increased. It is also very important to know what type of dosha causes the problem in the body and it can be characterized by the symptoms present in the body.
Three doshas of ayurveda
- Vata imbalance can be witnessed by part crack and swelling in the joints and you will feel some kind of stiffness in that area.
- Problems due to pitta dosha can be easily characterized by inflammation and area round the joints of the finger would be red and the person will suffer from intense pain.
- In kapha type of dosha, symptoms like stiffness and swelling can be seen and the joint part would be very clammy and cold.
Role of herbal therapy
Herbs are very useful in treating arthritis in fingers and simultaneously it reduces the pain and inflammation in the joint parts. Some of the remedies to cure the problem are:
- If the affected person is suffering from severe muscle pain then he can try chamomile tea to subside the pain.
- To increase the immunity level in the body, it is suggested to take echinacea herb.
- Guggulu is the effective ayurvedic treatment given to people, who are suffering from arthritis pain thrice a day with warm water.
- Ginger root is also very useful and it reduces the problems like stiffness and pain.
How to manage arthritis pain through diet?
A correct diet for arthritis pain helps to heal the problem gradually without any side effects and along with it simple exercises is also recommended. Research shows that people, who take non-vegetarian foods, are more prone to this type of disease than people who eat vegetarian food items. It is good to eat vegetables that are rich in Vitamin B, C, D, and E because the vitamins help the affected person to get relief from pain and stiffness problem. At the same time fruits like oranges, apples, papaya and grapes are very much useful in the treatment of arthritis. Spices is also good to cure arthritis in finger and some of them that helps in the process are ginger, cumin, coriander, garlic, turmeric, and asafetida.
Some of the foods have to be completely avoided in the diet for arthritis pain and these food items are fried foods, sweets, hot spicy foods and also food substances like potatoes, okra, broccoli, cabbage, spinach and cauliflower. The healthy foods keep the people hail and healthy.
Source by Roy Chavarcode