Paleo Diet Recipes - Chipotle Sweet Potato Turkey Burger Recipe
How to Cure Diabetes http://tinyurl.com/naturalremedydiabetes
Check Out The Best Paleo Diet Cookbook http://amzn.to/2aej9wk
CLICK HERE : https://www.facebook.com/alessyashealthyrecipes
Paleo Diet Recipes – Chipotle Sweet Potato Turkey Burger Recipe
1 lb – ground turkey (99% lean)
1 – clove minced garlic
1 1/4 tsp – ground chipotle chili pepper
1/2 tsp – dried oregano
1/4 tsp – black pepper
1/4 cup – chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp – kosher salt
Extra virgin olive oil for cooking.
2 1/2 cups – grated scrubbed, skin-on sweet potato (2 small or 1 large)
100% whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
Grated sharp cheddar cheese
Greek yogurt or sour cream
1. Place the ground turkey, garlic, chipotle chili powder, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
2. Lightly mix well with your fingers.
3. Fold in the grated sweet potato and cilantro.
4. Make patties with ½ inch thick (4 – 6 patties).
5. Generously drizzle a non-stick skillet with olive oil, heat over medium.
6. Place the patties on the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, flip and cook for another minute.
7. Pour some water into the skillet and cover it quickly.
8. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
9. Before removing, sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese on the patties and allow the cheese to melt.
10. Dress the burgers on toasted whole wheat buns, topped with sliced avocado, salsa, and sour cream as desired.
11. Serve immediately.
Why is the Paleo Diet getting popular?
A paleo diet means consuming foods believed to be similar to what our great ancestors might have eaten during their time. During Paleolithic era, they just hunt and gather for their food. They enjoy eating real food which is nutrient dense and nourishing.
When farming started, humans have started to change their diet by eating modern food such as wheat, rice and sugar. Processed and preserved food products brought people more convenience and much easier life and health problems as well.
Now we are talking about going back to basics. With paleo diet we can still enjoy similar food which is much healthier and help us to stay in shape. Paleo diet includes fish, meat, vege, fruits, nuts, seeds and plain water. Paleo diet is getting popular nowadays because it also helps to lose weight naturally.