Plant-Based Diets and Artery Function
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: The improvement of arterial function on a whole food, plant-based diet is so pronounced that cardiac patients can achieve a 90% reduction in angina attacks.
Wait a second, though. The Ornish program involves a number of other healthy lifestyle interventions such as exercise. How do we know it was the diet? That’s precisely the topic of my next video, Plant-Based Treatment for Angina (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-treatment-for-angina).
What would happen if instead of going on a plant-based diet, you went on a low carb diet. You don’t want to know. But if you do, here you go: Low Carb Diets and Coronary Blood Flow (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/low-carb-diets-and-coronary-blood-flow/).
In my last video I covered the green tea angle. If you missed it, check out Tea and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/tea-and-artery-function).
What effects might other foods have? See:
• Eggs and Arterial Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/)
• Walnuts and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/walnuts-and-artery-function/)
• Dark Chocolate and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dark-chocolate-and-artery-function/)
• Coffee and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/coffee-and-artery-function/)
• Fatty Meals May Impair Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fatty-meals-may-impair-artery-function)
• Olive Oil and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/olive-oil-and-artery-function)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-and-artery-function and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate