Preventing Macular Degeneration with Diet
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION:A healthy diet may not only prevent the complications of diabetes, but also reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration, another common cause of blindness.
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-macular-degeneration-with-diet/ and I’ll try to answer it! Plant-based diets may help prevent all four major causes of blindness. I’ll cover the other two, glaucoma and cataracts, in my next two videos in this three-part series. See also How to Prevent Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-prevent-diabetes/) and How to Treat Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-treat-diabetes/) . And for an alternative Alternative Healthy Eating Index, see Calculate Your Healthy Eating Score (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/calculate-your-healthy-eating-score/) . In addition, please help yourself to the hundreds of other videos on more than a thousand subjects (http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/).
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast