Reversing Diabetes with Surgery
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Is the reversal of type 2 diabetes with gastric bypass surgery due to the actual operation or just the severely restrictive diet required for recovery?
You guessed it, the title of the next video is Reversing Diabetes with Food (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reversing-diabetes-with-food), and then I’ll close out with one of my favorite videos to date: Diabetes Reversal: Is it the Calories or the Food? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/diabetes-reversal-is-it-the-calories-or-the-food).
Here’s a link to the Diabetes as a Disease of Fat Toxicity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Diabetes-as-a-Disease-of-Fat-Toxicity) video I made reference to. What kind of fat? See Lipotoxicity: How Saturated Fat Raises Blood Sugar (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lipotoxicity-how-saturated-fat-raises-blood-sugar).
This is part of my video series diving deep into underlying causes of type 2 diabetes:
• What Causes Insulin Resistance? (http://nutritionfacts.org/what-causes-insulin-resistance)
• The Spillover Effect Links Obesity to Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-spillover-effect-links-obesity-to-diabetes)
• What Causes Diabetes? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-causes-diabetes)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reversing-diabetes-with-surgery and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate