The Food You Should Avoid If You Have Diabetes
Foods to prevent for diabetes specially refer to persons which act as an antidote to enlarge the level of blood sugar. It actually means a diabetic patient must limit his diet and stick to particular food items. Additional, it would even help an individual in regulating this silent disease into an useful manner. As a matter of fact, a diabetic can sustain strict diet in such a condition and that would include:
* Foods containing low sugar, fat and salt
* Regularly take vegetables and fruits
* Last but not the least, a high fiber diet
List of Foods to Avoid for Diabetes:
Here are several foodstuffs which can spoil your diabetes medications. In order to obtain an in-depth knowledge about those food items you can check out the following points:
* Cheese and sugar: Food items which are rich into sugar components should be avoided such as, jam, canned juice, cookies, pastries, syrup, chocolates, cake and any type of jellies. Additional one should even try to avoid the cheese items, butter and margarine.
* Check out the contents of the packed foods before consuming: MSG and soy sauce comes with a huge amount of sodium. A diabetic patient should limit the intake of sodium.
* Fried foodstuffs and salad dressings: Salad dressings like mayonnaise, mustard and avocado are rich into sodium and as such they should be avoided. Boiled food items are much better than the fried foods.
* Refined flours: The most important food that should be avoided during diabetes has to be the refined flours. Try to prevent processed foods, white bread, pretzels, pasta, puffs and pizza.
* Food items that can increase the cholesterol level: One must cut off the food items such as poultry, egg yolks, high fat meat and dairy products etc., from his or her diet plan as they have the capability to expand the blood sugar level.
* Oil and Starchy Vegetables: Limit the intake of hydrogenated oils. Instead you can prefer the olive oil or canola oil.
Furthermore, other foods to avoid for diabetes would include nuts which are very rich in unsaturated fats like walnuts, almonds and pecans. Moreover, prevent the junk foods items and dried fruits to stay healthy and to avoid complications in the long run.
Source by Arif Rahim