Top 10 Healthiest Alkaline Diet Foods
Ever heard of alkaline diet foods? If not, it is high time you do. Work pressure, home making, maintaining personal and professional relations is taking a toll on everyone’s food habits, resulting in more than 70% of the present generation suffering from acidity and heartburn. Every third person seems to be complaining of gastric problems, indigestion and acid reflux. All of this is due to the imbalance in the acid-alkaline pH of foods that consumed these days, where you simply grab something and rush to work. Fast foods, sodas and the like are being consumed left, right and center by the young generation, thus giving rise to deficiency in minerals, vitamins and nutrition.
Alkaline diets have been found to be extremely beneficial for optimum health. You can keep chronic ailments such as acidity, osteoporosis, and generalized weakness at arm’s length with foods rich in alkaline content. Alkaline foods are important since the pH of human blood is slightly more alkaline. This makes it necessary that we have more of alkaline pH than acidic content in the body.
What are the benefits of Alkaline Diets?
Alkaline diet foods have a plethora of benefits such as:
- Improved resistance
- Vibrant temperament
- Increased Alertness
- Strong teeth and Bones
- Easy Digestion
Alkaline diet foods are vital to maintain the pH levels of blood at an optimum of 7. Alkaline foods are mostly vegetarian foods consisting of fresh foods and vegetables.
Listed here are the top 10 healthiest alkaline foods for nutritional benefits:
- Spinach and Greens – Spinach has been found to contain maximum benefits and is highly alkaline. It can be consumed raw or cooked with equal effect. Other leafy green vegetables such as lettuce, fenugreek leaves, basil etc. also are extremely good as alkaline foods. They also contain a lot of minerals and vitamins as an added advantage.
- Cucumber – Raw cucumber is not only a zero-calorie vegetable, it is highly alkaline when consumed raw. It is delicious and contains a host of nutritional benefits. Cucumber improves overall digestion and keeps your skin fresh and glowing. It contains healthy alkaline water that helps in flushing out unwanted wastes from the body.
- Banana – Banana can be considered a whole food due its numerous dietary advantages. It gives instant energy and is hugely alkaline. In fact, if you are suffering from severe acidic problems, a banana diet can work wonders in reducing the burning sensation and indigestion remarkably. Bananas have healthy sugar content and can be consumed by anyone irrespective of his health condition.
- Celery – Celery is a delicious alkaline food that can help you immensely in keeping your pH levels at normal range of 7. When half-cooked, it gives maximum nutritional value and can be eaten as fresh salad too.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is one of the most nutritious and alkaline foods that has proved itself time and again. It is easily digestible and is a rich source of valuable minerals such as carotene and calcium. These minerals help in improving immunity and combat diseases in a remarkable manner.
- Avocado – This wonder fruit is a rich source of alkaline food and has an overall benefit in maintaining good health. Avocado improves your hemoglobin content and is extremely beneficial in restoring normalcy in a disease affected body.
- Capsicum – Capsicum, also known as bell pepper is a rich anti oxidant and can be useful whether eaten cooked or raw. It is not only of high alkaline and nutritional value, it is also very delicious and adds taste to any dishes that are prepared with capsicum for flavor.
- Potato Skin – Although potato is found to be acidic in nature, potato skin is very rich in alkaline content. Raw potato juice is found to be very useful in reducing the acidic content in the stomach.
- Soy beans – Soy beans and soy milk are greatly alkaline and can be used as nutritional alkaline foods.
- Cold Milk – Cold milk is found to have high alkaline content and is often recommended to combat heartburn and acid reflux disorders.
Source by Rachel M Turner