Top Ways To Lose Weight Fast & Safely
The top ways to lose weight fast can be divided into two broad categories: Safe and Unsafe. One of the reasons unsafe diets have edged into the top ways to lose weight fast is because they often promise weight loss with little to no effort on your part. Diet pills of all types fall into this category. Diets that completely or mostly eliminate one or more key sources of nutrition also can lead to number of health related issues. Diets in this group include The Atkins Diet, The Cookie Diet, The Papaya Diet and The Hollywood Diet among others. These are all gimick diets that restrict certain key nutrients. Restricting nutrients of any type reduces calories which will lead to weight loss. But it can also lead to clogged arteries, kidney failure and a host of other very serious health problems. Plus, the diets listed above are very hard to sustain your weight loss over the long haul.
I need to really put a caution around The Atkins Diet because this is a popular diet that comes with some very real health concerns. The Atkins Diet works by greatly restricing carbohydrates. Carbs are not our enemies! We crave carbs becasue we need them to protect us against a host of ailments. The Atkins Diet works temporarily not because it limits carbs but because it limits food intake. The longer we go without carbs, the more our bodies crave them. Eventually you have to fall off a carb restrcited diet because we’re programmed for survival to eat carbs…like whole grains, almonds and walnuts among others.
All healthy ways to lose weight fast share some common elements. Here is the general list of any healthy eating planned designed to help you lose weight fast and keep it off forever.
1. For women limit daily calories to 1,800; for men the limit is 2,000 calories per day. Look, you gotta burn more calories than you eat. It’s that simple!
2. Eat 5 small meals per day.
3. Keep each meal to 300-400 calories
4. Avoid getting really hungry. A little hungry is OK…but stomach churning hunger is not OK. Here’s why steps 2-4 are so important: Our bodies are wired for survival. Meaning, when your really hungry, it signals your body that starvation may be here and it needs to slow its calorie burn rate to a crawl. A little food several times a day signals the body that starvation is not an issue today, so the calorie burn rate goes way up. However, by following the steps listed you can safely speed up your calorie burn rate even more. Most of the steps listed here do two things: first, they keep you eating healthy stuff, and second they accelerate calories burned!
5. While awake, eat at least every 4 hours…either a snack or a meal.
6. Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. Up to 128 ounces of water is just fine. This too speeds calorie burn rate.
7. Drink one protein shake a day (up to 300 calories). These are nutritous and creat a slight appetite suppressant effect.
8. Exercise 3 times a week for 20 minutes at a time. Even a brisk walk or mowing the lawn counts.
9. Get 7-8 hours sleep a night. This is often overlooked but is so important!
10. Read my article on MUFA Magic! Here’s the link. MUFA stands for monounsaturated fatty acids and includes things like walnuts, almonds, other seeds, avocados, olive oil and dark chocolate. MUFAs have been scientifically shown to do all sorts of good thigs like reduce the incidence of type 2 diabetes, reduce heart disease and best of all they burn belly fat! It’s true and 30% of your daily calories should be from a MUFA.
Accept yourself where your at emotionally and just start there. If you feel you might benefit from a diet plan with a healthy menu guide and an exercise system please check out my bio below.
The bottom line: Pick a plan that is healthy, simple to follow and that you can live with and then stick with it. If you fall off, that’s OK…just start up again…you’ll lose the weight. Just don’t quit!
Source by TJ Abernathy