What Causes Diabetes?
http://bit.do/DiaLi The Big Diabetes Lie – Real Dr Approved Diabetes Offer
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: Saturated fat can be toxic to the insulin-producing beta cells in the pancreas, explaining why animal fat consumption can impair insulin secretion, not just insulin sensitivity.
This is an installment in my year-long intermittent video series on the intricacies on the development of diabetes. Here are the first four with a bunch more to come:
• What Causes Insulin Resistance? ()
• The Spillover Effect Links Obesity to Diabetes ()
• Lipotoxicity: How Saturated Fat Raises Blood Sugar ()
• Diabetes as a Disease of Fat Toxicity ()
Separate from the series is what we can actually do about preventing it:
• Eggs and Diabetes (/)
• Fish and Diabetes (/)
• Preventing Prediabetes By Eating More (/)
• Lifestyle Medicine Is the Standard of Care for Prediabetes (/)
• How to Prevent Prediabetes from Turning into Diabetes ()
• How to Prevent Prediabetes in Children ()
And treating it:
• Diabetics Should Take Their Pulses (/)
• Flaxseed vs. Diabetes (/)
• Update on Cinnamon for Blood Sugar Control (/)
• Plant-Based Diets and Diabetes ()
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and he’ll try to answer it!
• Subscribe: /